Well, the lovely blogger Aria over at The Animanga Spellbook nominated me for this. I did promise to actually respond to this one sooner or later, so… I guess I picked the “later” option, huh?
Here’s the rules of the thing, I guess:
- Say thanks to who nominated you and leave a link back to that person’s blog.
- Give the story or history of your blog.
- Give two or more pieces of advice for new bloggers.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers and link their blogs.
I did the first above, so I’m good there. On to the second piece, I guess. I started this blog because I was bored one day while recovering from surgery. I decided hey, I like Anime, so may as well write about it or something. So I started blogging from there.
It’s a little bit of a mundane start, right? It’s been a very fun ride, though. Met a lot of cool people and made some good friends from this community along the way. My blog’s also evolved quite a bit over the last few years, too… Basically, I’ve gotten lazier. I used to do 2-3 posts a day, now it’s more like… 2-3 posts a month. Well, I shouldn’t say that exactly. It’s more like the blog takes a backseat to my life, which nowadays goes from anywhere between fairly busy to jam-packed full.
That’s a rather nice segway into my advice for new bloggers, actually. Don’t let your blog get in the way of your normal life. Only do what you have time and energy for, otherwise you’ll burn out and end up disliking blogging. Find your rhythm, and do what you enjoy. If you’re not blogging as a job, then blogging should be fun! Write about what you want to write about, and don’t feel pressured to write about popular or controversial topics. That’ll only hurt you in the long run.
Also, get involved with the community! Talk to other bloggers, leave comments, respond to comments. The best part of being a blogger is interacting with various people with similar interests. Make some friends, do collaborations, etc.
Now, time for some nominations. 10 seems like a lot though, especially with how behind the times I am, and don’t really know who’s already been nominated or responded. so I’ll just do a few.
- Plyasm, because the nomination might make him actually post something.
- Shokamoka, because it’s a rule to always nominate him.
- Lethargic Ramblings because he’s cool and deserves a shoutout
- Moya because she’s amazing and deserves recognition (probably already been nominated though.)
- Marthaurion. Even though he’s not blogging anymore, there are some awesome posts on his blog, so go check him out.
That’s all I got, folks. Have a lovely day, and I’ll see you all next time!