Well… this is a bit of an unorthodox post, a bit outside what I usually write about, but I think it’s good to be able to get this out there, especially with some of the crap that’s been going down in my own life recently. Life can be hard sometimes, so it’s good to occasionally take a step back and think of the reasons you keep on going.
Thanks to Aria (MagicConan14) from the Animanga Spellbook for the nomination, as well as to Kimchi for the inception of this tag.
- Mention the person who nominated you.
- List 13 reasons why you keep going/living.
- Nominate 10 or more people to give their reasons why.
- Use the picture that I created in your post.
My Reasons Why:
1) My Family. I put this one at number one, because I think that it’s the most important. I honestly wouldn’t be where I am without the constant love and support that I get from my family, especially my parents. We don’t always agree on things, but I know they’re always trying to look out for me in their own way. Family is important, and I try to cherish every moment I get to spend with mine.
2) Religion. I don’t talk about it much, but i’m a pretty religious person. My faith has helped me through a lot of troubling times in my life, and i’m very grateful that religion has been a part of my life.
3) Anime and Manga. I’ve always been a bit of a loner. I spent a good portion of my childhood being bullied and beaten down. Anime and Manga became an escape from all that, from the pain and the loneliness. Even now, when things are better, times are somewhat lighter, Anime and Manga help keep me on my feet.
4) Friends. I’ve never really had many friends in my life. For most of my life, I either had no friends at all, or maybe one or two at most. Currently, however, I feel I have more friends than i’ve ever had before in my life, and that’s definitely something to be grateful for.
5) Food. If you hadn’t guess from my Cooking in Anime series, i’m a huge foodie. I love cooking food, I love eating food, and I love seeing other people happy when they eat food that i’ve made. It’s a simple reason, yes, but one of the best I can think of.
6) Music. Other than my singing voice, which is passable, I don’t have much musical talent. Still, I love good music. Whether it’s soundtracks in Anime, Jpop, electronic, rock, you name it… i’m always searching for songs that will rouse my soul. Music is an interesting for of art because it has so much depth, so much power to affect the soul.
7) Blogging. Running my blog has been such an awesome experience for me. I’ve met so many awesome people, made so many friends, and had so many fun times. It’s a medium that allows me to better express myself, and to grow as both a writer and a person, and that makes me very grateful for my blog.
8) Theater. I’m a bit of a theater nerd, honestly. I love being on stage, performing my heart out in front of a crowd. It’s terrifying, exhilarating, and one of the things I take the most joy and pride in doing. With great potential comes great expectations, and when i’m focused on a piece of theater, I will always do my utmost to perform to the best of my ability.
9) This beautiful world. I adore Earth. It’s an incredible piece of workmanship, a beautiful, verdant planet with so much to see and experience. So many cultures, locations, places and sights to see. Redrock canyons, the northern lights. Volcanoes, deserts, oceans, rivers, mountains and plains. Cities, people, cultures and more. One of my life goals is to visit as many countries as I possibly can, see as much of the world as I possibly can. The possibilities are endless if we just take the time to explore the world a little bit.
10) Pain. This one might sound strange, but I don’t mean it in any weird way. Pain is an affirmation that we are, indeed, alive. When we feel pain, we know that we’re still going, still moving forward, still pushing toward a goal. When I feel pain, it gives me the determination to fight it, to beat it aside, because there’s always more happiness around the corner.
11) Expectations. There’s a lot of people who believe in me, who want me to succeed. If i’m not working my hardest, fighting to be the man I know that I can be, i’d be a failure not just to them, but to myself as well.
12) Determination. There’s a lot I could say here, but i’ll try to sum it up briefly. I want to keep going. I want to keep moving forward, developing my talents and skills, learning and growing. Is there a better feeling than taking something you couldn’t do before, and finally, FINALLY being able to do it? Maybe it takes time, maybe it takes a monumental amount of effort to accomplish, but in the end, you finally manage it. As long as I still have strength, i’ll keep pushing forward.
13) Because I can. Maybe this is a bit cliche to say. Maybe this is unoriginal, stupid, unimaginative, or whatever else. Maybe there are people out there who don’t believe in me. Who want me to fail, who are waiting for me to drop to my knees and give up. But at the end of the day, I don’t want them to be right. I keep living because I want to live my life to the fullest, no matter what happens. And at the end of the day, I can turn to those who doubted me, with a smile, and say, as Shirase so beautifully puts it… “IN YOUR FACE!”
Tetris (when they come back)